- Anissa Merzouk
- 1045, avenue de la Médecine, room 4081, Université Laval
- Québec, Quebec G1V0A6 Canada
These two ArcticNet subprojects constitute an amendment to the ArcticNet ship-based scientific license (NIRB# 06YN071) for activities conducted from the Canadian research icebreaker CCGS Amundsen. The proposed activities include river and shore sampling. Descriptions of both sub-projects are attached as PDFs containing English, Inuktitut and Inuinnaqtun versions.
Project Title: The Northwest Passage at the end of the Last Glaciation
ArcticNet Researcher: Dr. Mark Furze, MacEwan University
Project Location: Maxwell Bay, Devon Island, Nunavut
Planned activities: Beach surveys on foot and collection of a small number of empty beach shells (5-10) (no excavations required) for radiocarbon dating.
Dates: 1 day between 30 July and 10 August 2017
Project title: River sampling during 2017 ArcticNet expedition
ArcticNet Researcher: Dr. Cara Manning, University of British Columbia
Project location: Rivers in the Kitikmeot and Qikiqtaaluk regions, Nunavut (list of rivers provided in the attached proposal; A few (not all) of these sampling locations will be selected from this list during the ArcticNet research cruise, based on factors such as weather).
Planned activities: Collection of river water samples for chemical analysis, including measurement of greenhouse gases.
Dates: Depending on the Amundsen cruise track, between 30 July and 17 August 2017.
Assessment Phase / Activity
- Application screening started 2017-06-08
- Commenting period 2017-06-26
- Received Comment submissions from Parties: Notice re comments received 2017-06-27
- Extention to Screening Deadline requested 2017-07-17
- Board voting 2017-07-24
- SDR Issued 2017-07-26
- NOI Issued 2017-07-26
- Application screening completed 2017-07-26
- Exempt from Screening 2017-09-13
- Exempt from Screening 2018-07-30
- North Baffin
- Project Proposal (12)
- Additional Project Files (2)
- General Correspondence (3)
- Public Notice (7)
- Comment Submissions (3)
- Screening Decision Report (7)
- Conformity Determination (6)
We appreciate your feedback/input. However you are currently not registered on the site (or your session has expired).
Registering for an account takes only moments and will provide you with more options/opportunities to participate in the NIRB process...Register an Account