- Larry Alagalak
- P9 Box 274
- Arviat, Nunavut X0C 0E0 Canada
To obtain authorization to stake, prospect and explore within Kivalliq Region, mainly for precious metals/base metals. Requesting for a two year activity consisting of prospection, mapping, grab sampling and bulk sampling if encouraging results retrieved. The area to prospect is within KIA surface ground.First prospecting activities at MacInnes (63 km’s south of Whale Cove) would start on July 14 to 18, 2018 It will consist of myself and a helper for a total of 15 man days within these prospection target. Travel to location will be by boat and outboard motor. To retrieve approximately 50 grab samples at the prospection target for a total of 50 grab samples. Send samples to assay lab and to provide Progress Report at end of prospection.
- Project Proposal (13)
- Public Notice (5)
- Comment Submissions (1)
- Conformity Determination (3)
Notifications sent: Commenting in progress
NIRB 125358 / 18EN032: Notice of Screening and Comment Request for Larry Alagalak's "Alagalak Gold Project" Project Proposal
- Whether the project proposal is likely to arouse significant public concern; and if so, why;
- Whether the project proposal is likely to cause significant adverse eco-systemic or socio-economic effects; and if so, why;
- Whether the project proposal is likely to cause significant adverse impacts on wildlife habitat or Inuit harvest activities; if so, why;
- Whether the project proposal is of a type where the potential adverse effects are highly predictable and mitigable with known technology, (please provide any recommended mitigation measures); and
- Any matter of importance to the Party related to the project proposal including whether any cumulative ecosystemic and socio-economic impacts could result from the impacts of the proposed project combined with those of any other project that has been carried out, is being carried out or is likely to be carried out inside the designated area, or wholly or partly outside the designated area.
You can submit comments to the NIRB by our on line public registry at www.nirb.ca or via e-mail at email@example.com or via fax to (867) 983-2594.
All documents received and pertaining to this project proposal can be obtained from the NIRB’s online public registry at www.nirb.ca by using any of the following search criteria:
- Project Name: Alagalak Gold Project
- NIRB File No.: 18EN032
- Application No.: 125358
The NIRB has attached a Public Notice of Screening in English and Inuktitut for interested parties and Municipalities to post on local bulletin boards within your community.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Keith Morrison, Technical Advisor II, directly at 867-983-4617 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nunavut Impact Review Board
29 Mitik Street
P.O. Box 1360
NU, X0B 0C0 Canada
Phone: (867) 983-4600
Toll Free: 1-866-233-3033
Fax: (867) 983-2594
Please see the attached correspondence from the Nunavut Impact Review Board (NIRB or Board) regarding Larry Alagalak’s “Alagalak Gold Project" project proposal (NIRB File No.: 18EN032; NPC File No.: 148682).
NIRB File No.: 18EN032
Project Name: Alagalak Gold Project
Project Proponent: Larry Alagalak
Project Type: Exploration
Location: Kivalliq Region
Comments Requested by: July 19, 2018
The NIRB is copying parties potentially affected by this project and we invite interested persons to comment directly to the NIRB regarding:
We appreciate your feedback/input. However you are currently not registered on the site (or your session has expired).
Registering for an account takes only moments and will provide you with more options/opportunities to participate in the NIRB process...Register an Account