- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd.
- Agnico-Eagle Ltd., David Frenette
- 765 chemin de la mine Goldex
- Val-d'Or, Qc J9P7G4 Canada
Snow Mineral Property: Agnico Eagle Mines Limited prepared the present application to obtain land use authorizations permitting mineral prospection activities and geophysical surveys on the expanded “Snow” mineral property. This new property is located between approximately 55km and 80km mostly southwest of the Whale Cove Hamlet and is contiguous to the Snow property where exploration activities have already been authorized by NPC decision 148849 and NIRB decision 17EA068. For this area, workers are planned to be accommodated at the Huckleberry exploration camp and from there, will be transported to the exploration areas using a helicopter. Activities are planned to start in summer 2019 and continue annually.
Assessment Phase / Activity
- Application screening started 2019-05-07
- Commenting period 2019-06-12
- Technical advisor assigned 2019-05-31
- Received Comment submissions from Parties: Notice re comments received 2019-06-13
- Extention to Screening Deadline requested 2019-06-13
- Opportunity to Respond in progress 2019-06-25
- Sent Notification to Parties 2019-06-25
- Opportunity to Respond 2019-08-07
- Sent Notification to Parties 2019-08-09
- Project Proposal (9)
- Additional Project Files (2)
- General Correspondence (6)
- Public Notice (6)
- Comment Submissions (10)
- Conformity Determination (2)
Notifications sent: Sent Notification to Parties
NIRB 125460/19EN027: Suspension of Assessment Activities for Agnico Eagles “Whale Cove Area Exploration Projects" Project Proposal
Please see the attached correspondence from the Nunavut Impact Review Board (NIRB or Board) for the Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd.’s “Whale Cove Area Exploration” project proposal (NIRB File No.: 19EN027; Related to NIRB File No.: 17EA068 and 16EN035 NPC File No.: 149099; Related to NPC File No.: 148647 & 148849)
Should you have any questions regarding the suspension of this assessment or require clarification regarding how to address the outstanding information requirements for this file, please contact Jaida Ohokannoak, Technical Advisor II, directly at (867) 983-4609 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manager, Technical Administration
Nunavut Impact Review Board
P.O. Box 1360 (29 Mitik)
Cambridge Bay, NU, X0B 0C0
Toll Free: 1-866-233-3033
We appreciate your feedback/input. However you are currently not registered on the site (or your session has expired).
Registering for an account takes only moments and will provide you with more options/opportunities to participate in the NIRB process...Register an Account